is a web interface to the popular EMBOSS software package for biological sequence analysis.
wEMBOSS started as a coordinated effort from Martin Sarachu† of the Argentinian EMBnet Node and Marc Colet
from the Belgian EMBnet node.
What can I do with wEMBOSS?
- Results from program runs remain stored permanently on the server.
- Each user has a personal workspace and can create project folders, nested at any depth, to manage rationally his data and results.
- Each program has a panel with dynamic hiding/unhiding of available options.
- On-line access to program manuals and a program search facility
- The site administrator can exclude EMBOSS programs from wEMBOSS.
- Some program outputs can be automatically opened with applets or plug-ins.